Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy December

We have not been blogging as much as we used to. M & D don't have as much time now that they are addicted to Facebook!

Well, we have sure been up to a lot since Thanksgiving. Mommy thinks the most important thing that has happened since then is that I learned how to say Mama on Sunday, November 30th! Daddy thinks that the best thing that has happened is the Ducks beat the Beavs in the highest scoring Civil War ever!

Last week Daddy had to go to Seattle for work, but luckily Grammy and Uncle J came to visit. It was Grammy's follow up doctor's appointment for her knee. The doctor said everything looks great and Grammy can drive again. Yay! Here is a picture of me and Uncle J playing the drums. He loves music...always going to shows, and he was super fun to play drums with!



I keep Mommy and Daddy very busy. My favorite thing to do is pull up to standing and get into anything that I am not supposed to. I really want to walk. I can stand alone for a couple of seconds before I fall. M & D say I will be walking before the end of the year and they are scared! I can't be left alone for a second. But everything just looks so interesting to me. I want to grab everything with my hands and put it all in my mouth. The house is getting increasingly baby proofed...M & D learn by trial and error. I am still sleeping very well at night, and I have become attached to a small blanket that my Auntie Theresa and Uncle Ken gave me when I was born. It is my lovey! My newest trick is waving hi and bye. I do it so energetically that sometimes I fall over! I am also teething which makes me sort of cranky because all this work and no more teeth have popped up yet. I am eating all kinds of foods including meat now, and I even tried edamame for the first time and I love it! My favorite snack is a Baby Mum Mum which is a rice cracker. Look at this video of me enjoying one!



The best thing to do to get rid of some of my energy is to take me outside. Here we are at a local park. It was my first time being able to get down on the ground at the park rather than being held or being in my stroller. We had so much fun!!



This week you may have heard that Daddy had oral surgery so Mommy has been holding down the fort and taking care of both of us. (Thank you cousin Cat for the ice cream!!) It was also Grandpa Randy's 61st birthday and I got to go to a grown up party. Click this link to check me out in my pretty red dress!


Tomorrow is my 9 month birthday and it is 14 days until my first Christmas......

3 comments:

Cat said...

Oh my gosh! Appearing in a "What's New with Maddie" blog posting just made my day! It was good to see you, Maddie, and to see those other folks you share the house with :) And I am so glad you like the blanket from my mom and dad!

Grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,
Milestones for us both. Your 9 month birthday,your first words, and your first Christmas coming right up. Thanks for coming to my adult birthday party, where I celebrated turning 16 in reverse. You will be 16 before you know it so enjoy your playing in the park. You looked so cute crawling around and having so much fun. I can't wait to play with you at the park and give you an under doggy on the swing. More about that later. I loved the clip of you eating your Baby mum mum, you are such a good eater.

My birthday party was a lot of fun. You looked so adorable in your red dress and i loved the pictures of you and your mom and dad. We had fun playing cards and your dad was pretty proud of beating us at up and down. I suspect you will be playing cards very soon and bridge by the time you are two.

I am sorry you are teething but soon you will have teeth to chomp on your food. I am looking forward to seeing the first pictures of you walking. Any day now!!!!!

Take care little princess and don't get into to much trouble:)

Love and Kisses,
Grandpa Randy

Kelly said...

Maddie, why do your mommy & daddy keep you in a cage?
Love, Aoife