Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sunriver

I love Sunriver! This year was Maddie and my 2nd annual Moms' trip (4 moms and all our kids). The weather was perfect--cool in the evening and hot during the day. We swam, rode bikes, walked and played outside. We were having so much fun that we even stayed a day longer than planned. Maddie and I both came home with suntans. Hers is a little farmer tan since her swimsuit has arms.


What a group! The kids did great together this year, hardly any squabbling, and the moms got time to read and relax among the chaos.


This is Alex. He didn't want to sit for the group photo. Alex was the lone boy this year. He used to be the baby until Maddie showed up. Last year he was kind of rough with Maddie and I had to watch them closely. This year he was super gentle and watched after her really sweetly.

My mom came over to join us for the weekend. She loved being "grandma" to all the kids!
My dad was randomly in Sunriver for a tennis tournament the same weekend, so we got to have a belated Father's day breakfast at the lodge with him, Robyn and Jackson. We didn't go for the brunch buffet, but sometime I want to splurge and do the it. There was a cool make-it-yourself juice bar with tons of fresh fruits and veggies!
Maddie got to ride sitting up (without a car seat) for the first time in a bike trailer. She loved it! She said "wee" when I went fast and "uh oh" when I went over bumps. Then she fell asleep!



Maddie did really well with the travel and with being away from home with so many other people. She did wake up during the nights but I think it was partly because I was sleeping in the same room with her, and partly because she is still working on cutting her molars. The bottom ones are almost poked all the way through (you can see all four of the prongs) but the top ones still have a ways to go. There was also an "incident" at the pool.....ask me about it someday after some time has passed............






























2 comments:

Robyn Boose said...

Your such a good photographer....especially those last 4 pictures. :) We had so much fun meeting up with you guys in Sunriver. I think a long bike ride together is in our future.

Cybrduck said...

Awesome pictures and dialog to go with. Maddie is so cute! Your Mom and Dad look great also. TTFN