Friday, September 4, 2009

Updates

I know this is Maddie's website, but let me indulge in a quick personal brag. Last weekend I participated in the Portland to Coast race, which is a 127 mile relay walk. I was very nervous going into it, not knowing what to expect, and not really knowing anybody on my team. Of course I ended up having a fabulous time. And, our team did really well. It took us just over 28 hours to complete the race. I did a 5.75 mile leg and a 4.09 mile leg, averaging just over 11 minutes per mile. Maddie stayed back in Portland, spending one day with my dad and Robyn, and the other day with Tony. It was super tough to be away from her for so long, but it was good to do something for myself, and I have a huge sense of strength and accomplishment. Thanks to all who supported me!
Our team name was "Big Daddy and the Streetwalkers" We had 11 women and one man on our team. My nickname was "Mama Fox."
Here is my team (minus the person who is walking)

This is the start of my first leg. It rained on my leg, and off an on throughout the night. We got about an hour sleep in the van. By the time we got to the coast we were exhausted, but adrenaline works wonders!


Ok, now back to Maddie. I would say the main update is the explosion of her verbal skills. She is now repeating everything you say. She can even put two words together like "bye bye dada" or "go ducks!" Her new words are: walk, Elmo, oval, but (button), Maddie, burp, scuze (excuse me), wuv u (love you), Tyou (thank you), wat (water), and o'pa. She also now signs poop and diaper change. Notice the fascination with bodily functions already!! She knows where her "pee pee" is and has asked to sit on the toilet, so we bought her a potty chair.

She is so proud to sit on her Elmo potty!
Enjoying the last days of summer!
Doesn't Daddy look pretty in Maddie's bikini?
Daddy will have extra time for lounging around in his swim attire this week as he is on VACATION from both WORK and SCHOOL!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have some family activities planned as Justin and Sam are coming to town, but we will also take some much needed down time.












2 comments:

the andersens said...

Hey Meg!
Nice job doing Hood to Coast, my dear! Holy cow!! I'm so behind in catching up on blogs so I had no idea! Wow!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet note this morning!!! What a ride this has been! Can't wait to tell you more when we see you next. Our worker told us we could actually travel in November or early December....and will probably have our girls home by Christmas. Can you believe it? We feel so glad now we took the safe road with Hawaii....even though we will miss going with you!!!!!!

Let's get together soon!
Love,
Melissa

owner said...

Does the FDIC do Pysch exams?
I have a friend who works with the FDIC, should I forward this to him?