Thursday, May 14, 2009

Central Oregon & Mother's Day

Here are some pictures from our recent trip to Central Oregon. We stayed in a friend's timeshare at Eagle Crest resort. It was a very relaxing trip and we got to spend a lot of good family time together. The first few days we were there it was cold and rainy, but luckily we found an indoor play gym for Maddie. She practiced riding a bike, pushing babies in a stroller, climbing up and down the slide. It was fun and it wore her out!



The next few pictures are from our hike at Smith Rock State Park.



We encountered 3 differnet snakes along the path!!!!!




The following pictures are from two different days, both at the Newberry Volcano park just past Sunriver. There was a nice hike along the river, and we also walked around the perimeter of the cindercone.



We love our new B.O.B stroller! Wish we would have bought it when Maddie was born!




We had to make a lot of stops on all of our hikes for Maddie to get out and walk. She is a little nature girl!
This picture is at the top of the forest fire lookout.
This is the edge of the cindercone.








This picture is at the playground at Eagle Crest on Mother's Day. My mom was able to come join us for Mother's day. We had a nice Mother's Day brunch and then took a hike along the river, and then played at the park before we headed home. As part of my mother's day gift, I was treated to a massage and pedicure at the resort spa on Friday.





Maddie liked all the wildlife. We saw geese, swans, deer, wild rabbits, snakes, chipmunks....






And finally the weather warmed up on our last few days and we got some great views of the mountains.


And yes, I was a nice wife and let Tony golf 3 different courses while we were there. In fact, our good friends John and Shawna came up and the boys golfed while the girls hung out, and then we had a great BBQ afterward....and 4 bottles of wine!!

While it wasn't sunny Palm Springs, it was a much needed vacation and break from our hectic schedules.


















3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,

We get to see you tomorrow. You have had a lot of adventures since I last wrote. Robyn was in the hospital so I have been taking care of her.

You were the cutest tulip and you look like you really like your moms bob stroller. I bet your get to go pretty fast. It is like my convertible. I will take you for a ride it with the top down when you are older.

I liked the the pictures of you at the golf course. Pretty soon you will giving your dad a run for his money out of the golf course ok maybe the miniature golf course, he is a pretty good golfer.

I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and seeing what new tricks you have learned. The weather will be nice so maybe you can play outside some and of course play with Milo and Jackson. Robyn has a BBQ already to go so we will try and sneak you some. Yum!

Grandpa Randy

Robyn Boose said...

Thanks for such a perfect afternoon, Maddie! I loved sharing my bracelet with you....I'll have one for you when I see you on Thursday.

Love you!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you got a Bob stroller. Good for you, all the Stroller stride girls I know LOVE it. Looks like you are having so much fun on your nature walks with Maddie...let's get together soon! Track is over! :)