Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fun in Chicago

Everyone's first question is "How did Maddie do on the plane?" As a matter of fact I was a perfect baby on the plane ride. Mommy and Daddy were super nervous that I would cry and stress them out, but I didn't. I ate on the way up and down, and slept in between. I liked Chicago...I got to wear all my cute summer outfits and see something called "sunshine."

We stayed in downtown Chicago, which made for good people watching and easy access to lots of cool sights. M & D got lots of walking in, but I got to cruise in my stroller. As a family we went to Millenium and Grant Parks to walk around and see the Buckingham fountain; the Magnificent mile-- for window shopping and chocolate tasting at the Hershey store; the Hancock Tower to see the city view; Lakeshore Drive to look at the lake; Wrigley field for a Cubs game, and boating on the river for an architectural tour. While Mommy was doing wedding stuff, Daddy and I also went to Navy Pier and Lincoln Park zoo with another bridesmaid's family.
Daddy finally made it to Wrigley Field!!

The Lake is so big it looks like an ocean!

I think I am going to like chocolate once I get to try it!


Going to a wedding is pretty cool. Thursday night we went to a BBQ at Sarah and Alix's house and got to hang out with all the rest of the friends and family. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner at a Tapas restaurant. Everyone got to taste 7 different tapas and had paella served family style. It was neat the way they presented the food. Daddy tried dishes with vegetables and Mommy tried a Beef dish. All I got was breastmilk and formula!


Saturday was the big wedding day. Mommy left early to do her hair and makeup and get dressed in her pretty red gown. The wedding was in a huge Catholic cathedral with high ceilings and beautiful stained glass windows. At one point a baby cried and Mommy turned around to see if it was me. Nope, I was snoozing on Daddy's lap the entire time. Then we were off to the reception at the hotel. Some kind older lady held me so M & D could dance. Boy do they have some groovy dance moves! Then I was plum tired out and Daddy took me back up to the room but Mommy stayed until everything was over.

We clean up nicely, don't we?


The bridesmaids and the newlywed couple!


Sunday was Father's Day!! Mommy and I gave Daddy nice cards and a special picture frame with a picture of him holding me when I was first born so he can put it on his office desk. We let him choose the restaurant for lunch.....is anybody surprised he chose ESPN zone and watched Tiger play golf?? Then we had to fly home. We are a little tired today after all that excitement, and there are piles of laundry, but we declare our first family vacation a success!!

Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Auntie Shannon said...

I am so proud of you for being on your best behavior...I had no doubts you would be!! I am glad you all had so much fun and had such great weather. I hope to see you soon.

Love you bunches,
Auntie Shannon

Unknown said...

For such a little lady you sure do get around! I'm so glad you were a good girl for mommy and daddy and that you all had such a wonderful trip. Sounds like you all had a great time! The picture of you and your mommy and daddy in your wedding finery is WONDERFUL!!! What a great picture!!!!

We sure hope we can see you all soon. We love and miss you all so much!!

Tons of love!!
Grandma Jan and Grandpa Ray

Grammy said...

Hey Sweet Girl,

Youa dn your Mommy and Daddy sure do clean up good. Mommy looked very beautiful, I think. And I'm so glad your Daddy got to go to Wrigley Field. He looks pretty darn excited about that!

Hugs and loves,
Grammy