Monday, June 23, 2008

6 days and nights

Mommy and I got quite the education last week. We went to Sunriver resort with three other Mommies and 6 other children. We all stayed in one house together. I got to know what it would feel like to have lots of siblings, and Mommy got a taste of what things are to come in later parenthood. Big kids take a different kind of energy than babies like me. They eat a lot, fight a lot, ask lots of questions (i.e. are we there yet?), they don't sit still, and they get into everything! It was a fabulous and relaxing vacation, but boy was it noisy! Mostly we hung out at the house. The older kids played on bikes and I sat with the Mommies who were reading and talking. We went on little trips to the park, the pool, and into Sunriver Village for shopping and treats! One highlight of the trip is that I learned how to nap on my own. I took long naps during the day and allowed Mommy to have some time with two free hands. I also experienced a "first" during this trip--my first time in a swimming pool. Mommy dressed me up in my super cute ladybug swimsuit and hat that I got from Aunt Dian and Katie. Then she took me to the kiddie pool and dipped my toes in the water. Well, it was so cold and I hated it so much that I screamed! The whole experience lasted less than a minute and is captured on videotape forever. Maybe we will try again when I am older and the water is warmer!



Mommy and me at the kiddie pool.



How cute am I?? It would be a two-piece swim suit,

but the lady bug covers up my tummy!



Me and my friend Nicole. She is 6.
Mommy and me at the park. I wanted to go on the merry-go-round with the big kids but Mommy said no.



The downside of our vacation is that we ended up being away from Daddy for six nights in a row. Daddy says I grew up too much while we were gone and he never wants to be separated for that long again until I go to college. But, he did enjoy sleeping through the night which is something Mommy and I did not do. Daddy worked hard all week in Seattle and Portland, and on the weekend he got to enjoy time with friends at a BBQ on Saturday night and even went golfing on Sunday. He surprised Mommy with a clean house when we got home. She said that was the best surprise ever!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Maddie darling, you are growing up way too fast! What a doll baby you are. You look so cute in your swimsuit and hat. We're sure glad you and mommy had such a great time at Sunriver. I'm sure it was good for mommy to be with friends while daddy was gone so long. And, what a sweet daddy you have to think of mommy and clean the house for her. You are a very lucky girl to have such great parents. They both love you so much, as do we all.

Hope we can see you soon, sweetheart!

Tons of love to you and mommy & daddy!!! XOXO

Gma Jan and Gpa Ray

Auntie Shannon said...

woo woo!! you look so cute in your ladybug swimming suit. I am glad you and mommy had a good time and I am sure daddy missed you both bunches!! I can't believe how much you change everytime I see new pictures. Tell mommy and daddy that your next trip needs to be south so we can all see you in person again.

I love you much....Auntie Shannon