Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a lot of fun last weekend ....

On Friday night we went to The Budd's house. They were learning about Ancient Africa in their home school studies and invited us to a traditional African feast. The food included a chicken dish with figs, and a rice dish with papaya juice. Everything was very yummy. The kids had made shakers with different types of beans and grains, so after dinner we made music with the shakers. I loved going to The Budd's because there are three kids to play with. I love to play chase and check out all their cool toys.


What a yummy feast!

Shake it Mommy! (Man I hope she doesn't embarrass me when I get older....)


On Saturday Mommy and Daddy took on a big job.....they babysat for two of my friends at the same time!!! Aoife's parents and Saffron's parents each got to go on dates while the girls all played at my house. It was lots of fun to watch M&D take care of all three of us! It gave them insight into what having ten month old triplets would be like. But, we all survived and now M&D have IOU's for two date nights! During the day our friends Shannon, Mark and Kyleah (19 months old) stopped by. So at one time there were 4 adults and 4 girls all hanging out at our house! Then when the parents got back from their dates, they all stayed at our house to visit for a while and have dinner. It was a slightly tiring, but very fun day. I love social activities. I am bummed that M&D didn't have the presence of mind to capture the day on camera. I mean it's not like they had their hands full or anything :)


On Sunday we hosted a playdate at our house for Nate, Ange, and Ruby (8 months old). They are old friends, and Ange and Mommy were pregnant at the same time. It was great to see them again!!

See the toy in Ruby's hands (it is actually the water dispenser to her bottle warmer). She brought it with her and I decided I had to play with it so we had a little tug-of-war!



On Monday even though it was a legal holiday and the banks and post offices were closed, Daddy still had to work. So he did not get to join me and Mommy for our outing to Vancouver to visit Grandpa Randy, Robyn and Jackson. We had a yummy lunch, and I even learned how to blow kisses! I also discovered that their house has stairs. I was great at crawling up, but then I would let go and fall backward after a couple of stairs. Luckily there was always somebody right there to catch me!




This next picture is what M&D call "Maddie one-shoe". I have learned how to kick off my shoes, (and sometimes even my socks). M&D get a little tired of constantly putting them back on, so often I go around the house as "Maddie one-shoe." It is kind of slippery when I don't have both shoes on though. For some reason I love to throw my toys on the ground and then step on them, which makes me trip and fall. Someday I will learn!



Maddie one-shoe

Oh yea, my other two favorite things right now are 1) playing in piles of clothes and 2) pulling everything out of Mommy's purse!

Hope you all had a great weekend too!!

1 comment:

Robyn Boose said...

Thanks for entertaining us on Monday! I had so much fun blowing kisses with you.

Robyn