Friday, January 9, 2009

More Christmas

We were very busy once the snow melted and we could go out and visit family and friends again!


On the 28th we celebrated Christmas with Grandpa Randy, Robyn and Jackson. We had a great day of visiting and we were spoiled with gifts! M&D got a wii! I am pretty sure they stay up playing games after I go to bed. I got shoes, clothes, books, bath toys, a growth chart and an engraved ornament.

I love my bath toys!! It is a ship with a captain, stacking cups, and a fishing game!

On the 30th we watched the Ducks clean up at the Sun Bowl against Oklahoma State!! We were going to go to a party to watch the game, but I got my first cold (runny nose, watering eyes, and sneezing, but no fever) so we kept our germs home.


On the 31st we followed our normal routine. I went to bed at 7:30 and M&D went to bed at 9:30. None of us stayed up til midnight. Maybe next year! We did hear fireworks though.


On New Year's Day we visited O'Pa and O'Ma in The Dalles. It was a bit of a scary drive to get there, but I was in a fabulous mood and I charmed the socks off the O'Parents. I pulled out all my moves, the smile, the wave, peek-a-boo. They had a coffee table full of things that I got to pull of and throw on the ground. It was fun!

Me and O'Pa


O'ma feeding me a bottle.

On the 3rd we finally made it to Eugene!!! We celebrated with Grandma Jan's side of the family. It was neat because all the kids and grandkids were able to be there. It is only granddaughters so far. Here is a picture of all of us together with Taylor and Devon too!

Anybody who saw me during the holidays probably saw me wave. I love to wave hi and bye. It started out with a full arm wave, but now I am getting better and just moving my hand. I also absolutely love books! I love to hear the stories, turn the pages, and even chew on the corners. I am learning about words and reading from the "Your Baby Can Read" series from Grandpa Ike and Grandma Linda. There are books, dvds, and flash cards and we play with them every day. I am also learning sign language so I can communicate and tell M&D what I need. My newest trick is dancing. Whenever I hear music I start shaking my booty. See me in the video?


All in all I am a very happy baby. I sleep, eat, and play most of the time. I am trying new foods like edamame (soy beans) and tofu. I like to feed myself and make big messes. I crawl around and explore everything. I can pull myself to standing, and even stand alone for a few seconds. I also love to smile and laugh. I laugh when adults are silly and I laugh really hard when I am tickled. I got 3 new teeth in the last couple of weeks bringing me up to a grand total of 6 teeth (two on top and four on bottom). M&D brush my teeth every night and give me fluoride too. I graduated out of my baby car seat and now I have a deluxe new car seat that has more room and is more comfortable. I will be 10 months in a couple of days and M&D are wondering where the time has gone. They are already beginning to think about my first birthday party!

M&D have been shopping for some new furniture. For some reason they want an entertainment center to hide away all the dvds and television cords so that I cannot get to them. They are also looking at getting a bed for the office so we can get the mattress out of the dining room, and some shelving units to store my books and toys. If anybody has any ideas of places to look, let them know!

Happy 2009!!!

1 comment:

Robyn Boose said...

Maddie-

Thanks for finally updating the blog! We are so glad you like your bath toys. Can't wait to see you in your new clothes.....as soon as they fit!

Love you!

Robyn