Thursday, March 12, 2009

O.N.E. Y.E.A.R. O.L.D!!!!!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy Birthday to me....I am one year old!!!!!




We celebrated my first birthday with a lunch party last Saturday at Old Wive's Tale Restaurant. We had our own private room and lot of people showed up to help me celebrate!! We had so much fun...there were lots of kids to play with, party hats, balloons, presents, and cake!!












Today was my actual birthday. I wore my birthday dress and tiara! Daddy got off work early and Mommy and I picked him up and we went to Blue Lake Park. We had never been there before, but it was so much fun. Now that I can walk and climb, I really enjoy playing on the play structures! And yes, I do have a big bump on my forehead. I got it yesterday when I tripped and bumped into the bed.










After the park we went out to McMenamin's for dinner. I got to sit in the high chair, eat yummy food, and drink real cow's milk out of a cup! I even chose today to dazzle Mommy and Daddy with a new sign....banana!
I am not a baby anymore....now I am a full fledged toddler! Thank you to everyone who has helped support Mommy and Daddy through the last year, and who helped celebrate my big one year old birthday with me. Time for Mommy to finish my baby book....we are on to a new chapter!













5 comments:

Robyn Boose said...

Happy 1st Birthday Maddie Girl! What a way to spend your first day being one! I am so glad it was just with Mommy and Daddy.

Can't wait to watch you grow this next year!

Robyn

Cat said...

Happy birthday, little lady! And good job to your Mom and Dad for getting you through this first year so well!

Unknown said...

So glad J and I got to share in Maddie's birthday!!! We miss you already cutie!

Sending tons of finger pops your way!

Sam and Justin

Kelly said...

Gosh, Maddie. You've changed so much since we first met you! Can't wait to grow up and compare stories with you as we age! luv, aoife

grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,
It has been a while since I have posted anything on your blog but I have seen you many times. You were so cute, as the pictures show, at your first birthday party. I helped your parents decorate before the party and then took lots of pictures of you eating your cake and visiting with all of the guests. The grown ups thought your cake was pretty good but you seemed to love your special cake.

You came to play at our house the next day as we hosted a dinner for Justin and Sam. As always you were the entertainment. You loved our stairs but it is a challenge helping you walk down the stairs.

I am glad your one year appointment went so well. As the say "you have come a long way baby."

I got to come visit you last Tuesday, March 17th. The adults had dinner but you and I got to play. You loved the kitchen set that Robyn, Jackson and I got for you. You can turn on the switch and love to put things in the refrigerator. Also, you like to put things in your play house. I got to feed you but your true independence showed as all you wanted to do was say no and toss you food to the floor. It was frustrating for your mom but it showed you are going to be very assertive and independent. You go girl!!!!! Finally mom let me feed you some banana and you loved that. I could not fool you with any string cheese, which kind of looked liked a banana. You are such a smarty pants all ready. You did lots of other cute stuff like shake your booty when you turned on the music in the kitchen set, you were great with the animal magnets and the best part of the evening was reading to you. You liked the Yes No book.

Sweet dreams little one, I hope you are eating better for your moms sake and we are looking forward to this Saturday when you are having your first sleep over at our house. Jackson, Robyn and I will be ready and I am looking forward to chasing after you up the stairs and of course reading to you.

Love,
Grandpa Randy