Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend Fun!

I hope everyone out there had as nice of a Mother's Day weekend as we did around here! Saturday was really fun since Grandma Jan, Grandpa Ray, Aunt Shannon, cousin Morgan, Aunt Dian, "Uncle" Chuck and Grammy Pat all drove from far away to come see me and Mommy on Saturday (and Daddy too...though he manned the BBQ and camera most of the day).

We had a great time visiting together and it was the first time I got to meet Grandpa Ray and my cousin Morgan. It had also been a very long time since I had seen Grandma Jan or Aunt Shannon (since I was very first born!). We had a fun time eating Daddy's BBQ (mmmm....thanks Daddy!) and visiting. The weather held out for us and we had a great day!

On Sunday we got to spend the day together as a family with just me, Mommy and Daddy. Mommy went to Jazzercise, so Daddy and I got to spend the morning together. After that we had lunch and ran some errands. Then we came home and had a nice family nap before Grammy Pat swung by on her way home and had dinner with us. Daddy was in charge of cooking--spaghetti and meatballs. Yum!

This week will be fun as Daddy has to go out of town for work and Mommy and I are going with him! He is going to be working in Corvallis, which happens to be where Grammy Pat lives. So while Daddy is at work Mommy and I are going to visit with Grammy and her work friends and do some looking around. I hear there is lots of orange and black in Corvallis so I hope Mommy packs me some green and yellow to wear down there!

Here are some pics from this weekend:


Grandma Jan, me and Aunt Shannon...after all this time!

I think Grandma Jan had fun with me....and the feeling is mutual.

I spent a lot of time bundled up and being held....my favorite!



My cousin Morgan got to meet me too. There is a rumor she has a boyfriend....



Five proud mommies and me!

Two VERY proud Grandma's and me!!


Hi!

Three generations....



....and Three Generations again!



I love my Mommy!


Hello again!


After a long weekend it was nice to relax in the bath with Mommy on Sunday! This was my very first big girl bath in the real tub! I really liked it and had fun playing in the water!
Have a good week everyone!
Love,
Madelyn
(and her parents!)

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day Megan!!! Glad you had a great day!
Maddie is looking so big & cute!!!!! =)

Auntie Shannon said...

Maddie.....I had such a great time visiting with you and your mommy and daddy. You are growing sooo fast...next thing you know, you'll be as grown up as Cousin Morgan and mommy and daddy will be telling us about your (rumored) boyfriend. I am sure you will enjoy being quizzed as much as Morgan did. :)

I love you very much...
Auntie Shannon

auntie dian said...

Miss M~What a fun day! However, Auntie Dian is getting quite jealous that there are no pictures of her and you together on here....hint, hint! Would love to see her with all of her shoes that everyone has given her! Remember Miss M...you can never have too many. Loves to you all~Auntie Dian

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mommy!! (Albeit belated!!) You're a lucky girl. You have lots of people who love you, and so does your mom :).
XO