Friday, October 17, 2008

Phew, we survived

Well we survived another Daddy-less week...mainly in tact! I thought everything went great, and I have tons of energy, but for some reason Mommy is dragging a little bit. She said she needs more sleep at night and she is tired of wiping spit-up off the floor! Daddy was in Seattle this week and he got home after my bed time last night so I am really looking forward to spending some good quality time with him this weekend.


Here are some of the highlights of our week:


Monday we went to Vancouver to have dinner and carve pumpkins with Grandpa Randy, Robyn and Jackson. Dinner was a YUMMY squash soup (I know it was yummy because Mommy let me have a little taste!) After dinner, we carved some of the pumpkins and decorated the others with potato head parts. They turned out very well!


I think I might like the scoop more than the pumpkin!

Here is Robyn and Jackson's final product!

This is the pumpkin that Mommy carved. Looks good on our porch huh? For those of you who were at M & D's wedding, you will be pleased to know that the "battery operated" candles from the reception are getting new life!

(Apparently if you have rub Vaseline on the carved part of the pumpkin it helps it last longer. We didn't have any Vaseline, but Mommy used some of her left over nipple gel and it seemed to do the trick! )

My first golf bag...Daddy is so proud!



Tuesday we hosted something called "girls night". Mommy's friends came over and they had dinner, drank wine, and TALKED a lot. I think they may have even done some gossiping :) When Mommy was at the store getting the groceries for dinner she bought me a special treat....banana rice puff cereal! Check out the video of me eating it! (Unfortunately though it is doing bad things to my tummy. So as much as I love the taste, Mommy is putting it on the back shelf for now :(




Wednesday we didn't really leave the house, so by late afternoon Mommy was feeling a bit stir crazy. So we called up our friends The Budds and they invited us over. They have 3 kids that I love to play with. So, I was entertained and Mommy got some adult conversation with their Mommy, Sarah.



Thursday we ran some errands, including getting our oil changed. When we walked into the waiting room, there was a Daddy and a baby girl who had our same car seat. Mommy started talking to them, just to find out that the other girl, whose name was Eliotte, was born the EXACT same day as me (different hospitals though, we asked!) What are the odds?? We played together happily the whole time we were waiting for our car to be ready!



We are really looking forward to a fun, and relaxing weekend, spending good family time together! Plus the weather is supposed to be nice.



Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

Love,

Maddie

4 comments:

Robyn Boose said...

Maddie Girl-

We had so much fun carving pumpkins together! I am so glad you came over - we did lots of fun things all in 1 night! Jackson and I feel so special to be included in your life and blog. He can't wait to play stuffed animals again with you next weekend!!!

Robyn

Unknown said...

How can one little girl be SO cute?!!! You are such a doll!!! Are you sitting up by yourself now? It looks like it from these pictures. Mommy did a great job on carving the pumpkin for your 1st Halloween. And, I bet you were a big help!

Hope you have a great weekend with daddy & mommy. I'm sure he's glad to be home with the two of you and for the two of you to have him home. Sure wish he didn't have to travel so much.

Save some hugs, kisses and smiles for Grandpa Ray and me!

Love you baby doll!

Gma Jan

Kristy said...

that video of maddie is so cute! kennedy loves those things!!!! yay banana puffs!

Grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,
You were the "treat" of our pumpkin carving adventure. I loved taking pictures of you with the pumpkin carving results.

Thank you for coming over this past Saturday. You were a big hit with Jackson and with Milo. You really liked the hot tub! Your daddy and I took you for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a great fall day but I think you fell asleep. Thanks for helping your mom and dad watch Jackson while Robyn and I went to the play. I am sure you also brought the Ducks luck as they played really well and won their game. We also celebrated you mom's birthday, she turned the big 30.Robyn and Jackson are watching you while your mom and I play bridge tomorrow night. I hope you are especailly good for them so they can watch you more so your mom can have some mom time. Then you are off to Palm Springs with you mom and dad and Grandma Pat. You have such a busy schedule. Have fun swiming and enjoy the sun!
Love and kisses, Grandpa Randy