Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Seaside Fun

We went to Seaside Beach for the weekend with Grandpa Randy, Robyn and Jackson. It was Robyn's birthday.

This was not my first trip to the beach (M & D took me way back in May when I was just a baby) but it was my first trip to the coast in the pouring down rain!! That did not stop us however from having a ton of fun!


We started off our journey in Cannon Beach for a family bucket o' chowder at Mo's. Then it was off to Seaside. It was perfect because I have a shirt that says "Seaside Fun" so I was dressed just right!


Some of the highlights include:


Watching the adults act like children in the arcade:


Dance, Dance Revolution!!



Bumper cars! Too bad I am not 44" tall yet!




My first carousel ride


My first amusement ride



Braving a walk on the beach in the pouring rain




Trip to the Seaside Aquarium. We fed the seals (see this one catch the fish in its mouth??)


We also saw a huge octopus,

and got to touch the sea anemones and starfish (Mommy's favorite)

Next time you are at the Seaside Aquarium, make sure to read the Oregonian article about the drunk man who broke into the aquarium and "crab-napped" Victor, the largest crab they ever had. The crab was somewhere between 80-100 years old and unfortunately died subsequent to the trauma. Stupid man, I mean who has a pot big enough to cook that crab in?!?



Lowlights of the trip include: Ducks, Seahawks, and Cubbies all having a losing weekend!

1 comment:

Robyn Boose said...

Thanks for joining us for my b-day weekend! I had just a great time with you, Maddie (and your Mommy and Daddy, too). You made a rainy weekend in Seaside oh so much brighter! Can't wait for our next trip together....

Robyn