Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy 9 Months and it's snowing!!

Happy 9 Month Birthday to Me!!


We celebrated my 9 month birthday by going to the doctor. Here are my official stats:
height: 2 feet 5 inches (92nd %)
weight: 19 lbs 14 oz (70th%)
head circumference: 18.25 inches (97th%)


So, I'm very tall for my age, I am growing into my weight, and I have a big head to accommodate my huge brain!!! I still am not tolerating oats very well, so the doctor suggested waiting another month to try again. She also gave us some special creme for when I get the eczema rash on my face. Other than those minor things I am perfectly healthy. The doctor was impressed when I initiated a game of high five with her and tried to pull on her stethoscope.


M & D have been talking for weeks about volunteering to sell trees for L'Arche Nehalem (a non-profit agency that provides home for adults with developmental disabilities--like Great Uncle Dean). I was all excited, but at the last minute since it was so cold, they left me home with Grammy while they volunteered. But, the good news is I did get to help pick out our tree!















We took the tree home, put lights on it and decorated it. The first ornament to go on was one that Grammy got for M & D that had my name and birth information engraved on it. The second to go up was Peanut's star ornament. After that it was a free-for-all! M & D decorated while Grammy "supervised" from the couch.
When we were done decorating we decided to watch the video we had taken. There was some old footage on the tape from Chicago and Lost Lake. I loved looking at myself on screen....I kept laughing and waving at the TV. Maybe movie stardom is in my future??






Then this morning we woke up and it began to snow. This was my first snow fall ever!! I got to play around in it and I loved it! I didn't even cry one bit.







Hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend!!
Love,
Maddie

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy 9 Month Birthday, friend! I see you were on your tummy in the snow...what? No Snow Angels? See you soon!

dian said...

Love the pictures~ Auntie Dian