Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

I sure hope everyone had as good of a Christmas as we did here! We have actually had two Christmases so far.

On Christmas morning I got everyone up at the crack of dawn (6:30) to open stockings. I was really excited for my first Christmas. I knew it was my first Christmas because my socks told me so:


I really wanted to get into the presents, but M&D stuck my darn fence (what they call a "play yard") between me and the presents. How cruel!




Our tradition is to start off with stockings first. I did pretty good at getting my gifts out of them. Grammy Pat got me this really nice book. See:



I had a little harder time with the well-wrapped presents, but M&D helped me out...


One of my favorite gifts was this cell phone that Uncle Justin got me. I have been carrying and/or pushing it around all over the house....


Santa must have been talking with Mommy because my stocking had my favorite treats: Baby Mum Mums. Mmm mmm good...



Once I opened my goodies in my stocking I wanted to help everyone else out. Here I am helping Grammy Pat with her stocking...


After breakfast, a nap, and a wardrobe change it was time for presents. Yeah!!! I got some cool new blocks to play with. M&D like playing with them as well...



Hmmm...what can I make with this?...

I got lots of cute clothes from different family members and friends; an inflatable penguin wobbly thingamajig; a numbered pop-up toy with little levers; a walker; and lots of neat other stuff.
Today Grandpa Ike, Grandma Linda, Aunt Shannon, Aunt Dian, and cousins Katie and Morgan came to visit us at our house and have an early dinner (Aunt Dian's friend Mandy was here with her boyfriend Ryan too).
I thought that maybe I got a puppy for Christmas, but it was just Grandma and Grandpa's dog Divot:

Cousin Katie got me this super cute ladybug/sunflower hat:


And now I have my very own Oregon blanky!!!



I really liked seeing everyone. Actually, that is not true. I cried a lot. I went down with my morning nap with no one here and then I woke up to a house full of people I haven't seen for a while. It was a little overwhelming. After a while I started to warm up to them and I am really glad they came. I know M&D had a great time and were happy everyone could make the trip!
Here I am with Morgan (L) and Katie (R)...



We can't wait to see some of them again next weekend at Grandma Jan's house!!!
We hope everyone is having a safe and fun holiday season. Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,
I am sure you list of new years resolution is long. Babies get to have growing and putting on weight on their list. New teeth and walking are on your list I am sure as well as building your vocabulary and working on the wave you have going. You seemed to like the snow so maybe more play time in the snow. Grandpa, Robyn and Jackson are hoping you want more play time with US!!!Don't forget to work on getting your beauty sleep. Not that you can get any more adorable but your parents could you use the sleep. We really had fun when you came over for Christmas. The wave you had was just to cute and you were so proud that you could wave. Grandpa got to feed you but you really seemed to take a shine to Jackson. He can be a little silly but you liked it and he had such a good time. We are looking forward to seeing you and helping you with your New Year's Resolution.
Take care Maddie,
Love, Grandpa Randy

cousin katie said...

i loooove u you make me smile and when im tired you make me laugh most of all the blueberries arethe best fruit