Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Update on Daddy

Sorry it has been so long since I have written. We have been very busy and we will post some new pics soon.

Last weekend we went to Grandpa Randy's birthday party at his house and we had a really good time. I was a very good girl and even went to sleep at their house in my playpen they have for me WITHOUT crying. I wore my pretty new Christmas dress that Grandma Linda got for me and I looked pretty good if I do say so myself.

I wanted to let you know about how Daddy is doing. I don't think many of you know that he has been having some pain with his teeth. His dentist told him this summer to get his wisdom teeth taken out, but like Daddy does some times, he procrastinated and did not get them done. This last Sunday they started hurting REALLY bad....so bad that Mommy and I rushed him to urgent care on Sunday so he could get some pain medication.

Daddy was supposed to travel to Seattle on Monday for work and then be in class four days this week doing his job. However, his VERY nice boss Cindy worked out a way for a colleague to cover for Daddy if he could get in to see a doctor. Daddy was able to see a doctor today, so Cindy sent Daddy's REALLY nice colleague Al to Seattle and Portland for the week. Al didn't even hesitate, packed his bags, and is spending a week in the great NW so Daddy could get his teeth taken out.

The surgery was this morning and it went really well. We were only there for about 90 minutes and the surgery itself only took about 30-40 minutes. Daddy was a little loopy afterwards and asked the nurse who walked him outside to the car if she wanted to see him do a cartwheel. Thankfully she said no.

He doesn't have much swelling or pain so far, but of course that could be due to the Vicodin he has been taking. He has really been enjoying the milkshakes Mommy and I got him and he had a nice dinner of a protein shake and vanilla pudding. So far so good.

Hopefully he will be back up and feeling better soon. I am having my own teeth problems so Mommy is having to take care of two sore mouths this week.

We love you all and hope to talk to you soon. Happy holidays!

Love,

Maddie

1 comment:

Robyn Boose said...

Maddie-

You looked so beautiful at Grandpa Randy's party! Thank you so much for being such a good girl and staying up WAY past your bedtime. Many people at the party commented on how gorgeous you were, including Jackson. He said you were his favorite part of the whole party (even more than the Nerf gun shoot-out with your Daddy!).

Take extra special care of Daddy and give him and Mommy hugs from us! See you soon!

Love you!

Robyn