Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

We went to Roseburg for the annual golf tournament that Tony plays in with his dad. We won't talk about how the golf turned out, but it was a fun trip and good to see that side of the family again. Tony and I enjoyed two date nights in Roseburg--drinks with high school friends, and the country club golf tournament dinner. It was a steak dinner and I decided that I wanted my money's worth, so I ate almost an entire steak. More red meat than I have eaten in the last 10 years. Moo!

This is Father's Day morning. Tony told me he wanted to "re-do" these pictures after he got dressed, but that never happened. Oops.

For Father's Day Maddie and I made him an impression of her handprints in clay. Again, I was pushed to my limits of artistic abilities. It was quite an ordeal. We had to go for the initial trip to make the impressions. The woman was very late meeting us there, and then of course Maddie didn't hold still very well and one of her handprints is a little smeared. Then it turns out that they misquoted the price. They told us it would cost one third of what it actually does, so we bartered to meet somewhere in the middle. Then they called to say the impression was done and we could come paint it. When we showed up it turned out that it wasn't done yet and we had to come back again. Next time I got smart and took Maddie's high chair. She sat and ate snacks while I painted as fast as I possibly could. I chose a color palate I knew Tony would like, and I came up with the phrase.... "Little Hands, Big Dreams!" There is one spot where the paint isn't coated evenly, but otherwise I think it turned out great!


Grandpa Ike and Divot opening a card with magnet photos inside! Divot taught Maddie to bark this weekend. She says "oof oof" and it is so darn cute!


Tony headed to Roseburg a couple days before Maddie and I did so he could enjoy some practice rounds of golf. We enjoyed our girl time. Here we are at the Rhodedendron Garden. I was all excited to go because I have fond childhood memories of running around the garden. However, it seemed kind of run down, the Rhodies were no longer in bloom, and there was duck poop everywhere! So, we left and headed to the park. I actually remembered to grab some bread for us to feed the ducks. This was the first time that Maddie understood how to throw it to the ducks. She would break off a little piece, throw it, and then jump back so the ducks didn't get too close to her. She did that for a while and then she ate the rest of the bread.
I feel like the quality of pictures we have been able to get of Maddie is dwindling lately. She is so active and so fast. She really hates posing anymore, so unless there is another adult to hold her, she is hard to capture on film.
Teething is still going strong. Maddie cut her upper, right molar over the weekend.


3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,
We are looking forward to seeing you in Sunriver this week end. Another road trip for you and your mom. And you get to hang out with the other woman on the trip and you can share stories about your first kiss with a boy and wearing your first barrette, you so know how to accessorize!

It look like you had a lot of fun in Roseburg. Soon you will learn how to say Nice shot daddy! Your father's day present was so cute, your mom has more creative juices than she let's on. I am sure your dad loved the Duck colors of the gift and as your hands get bigger so will your dreams. Your future is very bright with such wonderful parents.

We are looking forward to seeing your house all painted up and of course the letters in your room that Robyn helped your mom with.

See you soon Maddie girl,

Love,
Grandpa Randy

Kristy said...

sounds like a fun weekend!
i no longer "pose" my kids. they hate it! haha!

happy (belated) father's day tony!

oh, & k decided to cut 3 of her molars in during our Hawaii vaca! wonderful! ;)

Kelly said...

Yay for feeding ducks. I think Aoife would have the same instinct...to eat the bread herself. It's so crazy to see how fast Maddie is growing. Do you ever look back at your blog from a year ago? Can you believe the difference? We've come a long way, baby!