Monday, March 24, 2008

Chunky Monkey

That is what my parents are calling me now. After checking in at the hospital last Monday at 5 pounds and 9 ounces (down from 6 lbs. 6 oz. at birth - or about 11%) and having everyone worried, I am now back up above my birth weight and then some. Tonight I check in at a sleek 6 pounds and 9 ounces - which means I have gained a whole pound since I have been in the hospital for a week! The doctors say I look great, my temp is still good, I have good lungs and a great sounding heart. They think I am pretty cute too.

We found out today that most likely my antibiotic treatment should end Thursday. Then sometime after that we will go to Doernbecher to have the VCUG done to check my kidneys and bladder. We are still waiting to hear from them regarding the scheduling. Hopefully I can have that done by Friday so I can be HOME in time for the weekend! Mommy and daddy can't wait to have me home again so we can get in the routine of being a family. We will miss the nurses that have been taking care of me, but mommy and daddy promise I can go back and visit.

I hope you had a nice Easter like I did. Grandpa Randy brought us all breakfast (though mine comes in the liquid form a couple hours after mom eats) and that was very nice. Then mom's friend Katie brought dinner for us and we ate in the waiting area/lobby. Katie went above and beyond and brought real china, silverware, salt and pepper shakers and a table cloth! The food was delicious and it was very much appreciated by mommy and daddy! I also got to see Aunt Dian again and daddy snuck me out to meet my cousin Katie face-to-face and she snuck me a kiss.

Here are some pictures of me in my Easter dress as well as my new IV in the top of my head:






Love, Madelyn

2 comments:

Lindsay Cameron said...

Hey Guys! We are thinking of you everyday. We hope you all get to go home soon. Maddie looks very cute in her Easter dress. I love the Easter table with the hospital water bottles! Megan and Tony - make sure you get enough sleep!!!

Lindsay, Joe and Addison

Auntie Shannon said...

WOW....6 lbs 9 oz...way to go!!!

You look very cute in your Easter dress and bunny ears.

I love you (and your mommy and daddy) very much)

Auntie Shannon