Friday, March 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Yeah!!! We are finally home! We got back yesterday around noon and spent a nice, relaxing day at home as a family. It was nice to be back and I know mommy and daddy enjoyed sleeping (well, occassionally) in their own bed. Hopefully I won't have to be back at the hospital except for the pediatrician appointments.

We got some other good news. One of the original tests that was done when I was born came back positive for a genetic disorder called "Long Chain Fatty Acid Disorder", which would result in my body not being able to break down fatty foods and would mean that I could not go a long period of time without eating. It could also mean that I would have to be hospitalized if I was ever too sick to eat. However, the doctor said it is commonly a false positive. They had to do a second round of tests and send them back east for genetic and DNA testing to double check the work. Our doctor called yesterday and told us that one of the tests is back and it came back negative!!! We are still waiting for results from all the places my blood was sent to, but this is very good news! Hopefully we will get more good news next week when I go to Doernbecher for the VCUG to check out my kidneys and bladder.

Thanks again to everyone for their well wishes and prayers!

Love,

The Foxes

1 comment:

Auntie Shannon said...

Yeah....I am so glad you are home, together, and enjoying some family time. I will continue to pray that the rest of your tests come back with good news, too. I am really anxious to see you all...hopefully it won't be too long.

I love you all, auntie shannon