Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4 months

Last Saturday (7/12) was my 4 month birthday !!! We took a family trip to Lost Lake, up in the Mount Hood forest land. It was the second annual Fox Family trip, although obviously it was only my first time. Last year M & D went to plant flowers to remember Peanut. Last year it was a beautiful sunny day, and they planted the flowers along the trail that goes around the lake. This year it was also a beautiful sunny day, but many parts of the trail were covered in many feet of snow!! Unfortunately the flowers were not blooming this year, but we did find the same spot and said a little prayer for Peanut. The other thing that was different this year is that M & D did not rent a boat and go out on the lake. Apparently they don't trust me to be a good girl and not fall out of the boat! But, they did take me to the water's edge and let me dip my toes in.


Fox Family at Lost Lake








Mmm. I like that cool lake water on my toes!





See the snow that we had to hike through. It was my first snow!!




On Monday I had my four month check up at the doctor's office. It was so nice to get a clean bill of health! All of my metabolic tests are now normal, and my follow up kidney ultrasound was also normal. Therefore, it seems like all the bad stuff that happened when I was first born is now over! I am just a normal, healthy 4 month old baby. I got an A+ from the doctor in terms of meeting all my developmental milestones. I gave her quite the show--smiling, talking and laughing with her. Unfortunately, though, I did have to get my 4 month vaccinations and that made me cry!


So, my latest stats are: 14 pounds, 9 oz weight and 2 ft 1 inch height. I am in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. Also I have a big head--17 inch diameter! But boy am I cute! I get lots of compliments from everyone we see, but sometimes if I am not wearing pink they say what a cute boy I am. We should have asked the doctor when my hair is going to grow in!!!
M&D can't believe how fast the last four months have gone by! They keep saying how cute I am and how fun I am getting. They like how I put things in my mouth now and will mimic their noises. I am learning how to laugh too! But don't worry, I still know how to cry with the best of them!
Much love from the Foxes!

1 comment:

Cat said...

Aww, Maddie! With the glasses on, you look like a little Hollywood movie star! Glad you all had a fun time!
Love,
Catherine