Monday, July 28, 2008

On the go go

We continue our routine of always being on the go. Mommy and I get up and go to Jazzercise in the morning. We come home for lunch and a nap, and then we do an afternoon activity until Daddy gets home. My favorite things these days are being read to and sung to. I got a new Elmo toy that sings about body parts and I love it!

We spent a couple of days in Corvallis last week visiting Grammy while Daddy was on a business trip. Then on Thursday Mommy and I went blueberry picking. I loved being outside and "helping" pick the berries. At one point I grabbed the bucket out of Mommy's hand and it dropped to the ground. I can't wait until I can actually eat the berries!




On Friday Mommy took me to her company picnic which was Luau theme. All the people from her office were excited to see me and how much I have grown.

On Saturday night M & D and I went to the "Milwaukie Daze" which was a live music festival and fireworks on the riverfront. I loved people watching and listening to the music. M & D were prepared to leave if the fireworks scared me, but I slept right through them!


Last night I slept from 10 PM until 5 AM---7 hours! That is my longest stretch of sleep ever. M & D really hope we are on a new trend. Maybe I slept so well because I knew I was being watched. Daddy installed a baby monitor over my crib that has audio and video!!
Upcoming events:
We are hosting a play date for 3 other Mommies and babies tomorrow....should be fun!!
Friday is Daddy's birthday. The big 3-1! We are going to celebrate in Eugene in conjunction with my baptism!!! We can't wait to visit with Daddy's family! I am certain we will get lots of good pictures to post on the blog.
Love to all,
Maddie

2 comments:

Kelly said...

maddie~
i can't believe how busy you are! you're mom must be exhausted at the end of the day. it's a good thing you're sleeping longer!

Kristy said...

wow busy lil bees!!!! how fun picking blueberries! C would be all over that & then some! actually they would have to weigh him when he left! ;)

p.s.
i try and take a pic(s) of my kids every day....as i am sure you could guess....i have zillions of them! sorry we missed you at the picnic! we had a rough night the night before!