Thursday, July 3, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!

We got a call last night from the doctor about my test results, but we just got the voice mail. M&D called in this morning and we received the results of my skin biopsy to determine if I had the fatty acid disorder we had been worried about. But, the results were exactly what the doctor wanted to see! The results were completely normal!!! They said that we no longer have to worry about the VLCAD and that I can lead a normal life!!! We are SO EXCITED!!!

Now I get to learn how to sleep longer than 2 hours and go without eating every 3 hours. I am going to learn to eat bigger meals less often. I also get to start sleeping in my very own crib rather than in the bassinet next to M&D's bed. We are so happy to hear the news!

It is very interesting we got the news today - July 3. July 3 was "Peanut's" due date last year. It was a very sad time for M&D last year when this day rolled around. However, it might not have been all sad because according to the calendar and calculations I was likely conceived on or around July 3. As they say, the Lord works in mysterious ways and July 3 has a lot of emotions connected to it for our family from now on!

Thank you to all of our friends, family members and co-workers for their prayers, thoughts and well-wishes. We are excited to "move on" and see how life goes without this hanging over our heads.

Have a great weekend.

PS - There is a post below that is new as well.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

that is FANTASTIC news!!!! :)

Auntie Shannon said...

Maddie...I was so happy when your Daddy called to tell me the good news....you need to talk to him about the tone of voice he uses though because he had me scared when he said "well, we just got Maddie's test results back....", whew!! was I relieved when he followed up by saying everything was perfect!!!!

I can't wait to see you, you are getting so big.....

I love you very much,
Auntie Shannon