Sunday, September 14, 2008

6 Months!!!

I officially turned 6 months old on Friday and we spent the entire weekend doing some fun things to celebrate it!

On Friday night we went to the park with Grace and Laura. Grace is the daughter of John and Lisa from across the street and Laura is her older cousin. Laura has been staying down here this summer to help take care of Grace. She is going back home to Spokane so this was a way for us to say good bye. Mommy and I took her out to lunch on Friday and then we grabbed Daddy and Grace to go to the park after dinner. We fed the Ducks, I mean ducks, again and played on the playground. I even got to ride the swing again.

After we got home from the park I got to use two new birthday gifts. First, I got to use my new sippy cup! I was a natural and put it right in my mouth. Never mind that some of the milk went down my face and neck, but I sure knew where it went. I haven't quite figured out gravity yet.









Then after that I got to brush my teeth with my very own tooth brush (or three actually - thanks Aunt Dian!). I have two teeth coming in on the bottom and my mouth has been hurting a little. I really liked the tooth brushes and it made my teeth feel better. I even liked to do it myself.



Saturday was "Game Day" around our house since the Ducks were playing on the road and the game was on TV. Our good friends Nick and Pallavi came over and we had quite the feast. Wings, chili, Frito's, chips and salsa, adult beverages.... I was quite jealous of all the good food.

I learned a few new words in the first half of the game as the Ducks were not doing all that well. Daddy changed from a yellow shirt to a green shirt at halftime and that seemed to make all the difference in the world. The Ducks pulled out the victory in double overtime and I slept right through it! Maybe I am good luck as I have slept during all 3 games this year and they are 3-0!

After the game we went to our friends Matt and Wendy's house for their bi-annual poker tournament. M&D wanted to make sure to be able to show me off and Grammy came into town to come along for the party and to babysit so M&D could play. M&D have won 3 of the last 4 tournaments the Walker's have held so I was hoping they would bring home the bacon (A.K.A. "diaper money"), but unfortunately it was not their night. We had a good time though and next time I might be able to walk around their house. Daddy says this time next year I can go and say "All In" for him.

Today we got up and went to the annual "Walk to D'Feet ALS" benefit walk. My great Aunt Theresa was diagnosed a few years ago with ALS and she passed away just a few days after I was born. I was not able to meet her, so today was an extra special day for all of us. The weather was beautiful and we had a huge group of walkers supporting tons of families affected by ALS. M&D and I raised over $400 for ALS of Oregon and the entire "Team Theresa" raised nearly $8000! (There is a link on the right side of the blog if you would like to learn more.) We miss Aunt Theresa a lot and I look forward to actually walking next year in memory of my great Aunt Theresa!

Before we went on the walk I decided to surprise M&D by rolling over from my back to my tummy. I did it last weekend, but only once. Mommy really wanted me to roll over more often before we go in for my 6 month appointment on Tuesday. So while they weren't looking (Grammy was watching me) I decided to roll over all on my own. When Grammy called M&D to the living room I did it again a couple of times!!

After the walk we came home and after Grammy left M&D put me back down on the floor. This is when I really showed off as I rolled from one side of the rug to the other and then started on my way back. Mommy said their lives are over as they know it, but I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not like I am crawling....yet....so I don't see what the fuss is all about.

We have loads of fun stuff planned for the week, including going to The Dalles to see O'Pa and O'Ma, and of course the big game against Boise St this weekend! We are going to try out some fancy new ear plugs to see if that helps me tolerate Autzen Stadium any better. Life is tough when your favorite team plays in the loudest college football stadium in the country!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,

Maddie

2 comments:

grandpa said...

Hi Maddie,
Lots of first this week as you turn six months. Good work with the tippie cup and the brushing your teeth. You had a first with me this week and you brought me a lot of good luck. On Tuesday (9/9) I had dinner with dad at Typhoon. Can't wait until you are old enough to have Thai food. I am sure you Uncle Justin will take you there. After dinner your dad and I went to the monthly poker game at Lee Tyler's law office. You and your mom were out visiting friends but you stopped by to crash the party. Mom wanted to show you off to the guys and so she could play a few hands to. You got to sit on my lap. You loved to chew on the poker chips and bring me good luck as I won three big pots with you sitting on my lap. You will be a natural poker player like your parents. Thanks for the good luck and for sharing your first money poker night. Love you and all in,
Gramps

Kelly said...

Looks like you've got a little Tasmanian Devil in the making with all that spinning and rolling!